13 февр. 2011 г.

Modeling tutorial

Such a sequence of actions I do always when modeling organic characters. Perhaps with slight variations depending on the specific model.



1. Create a rough model with polygonal modeling in 3d max. Further, import it in zbrush and work on the proportions and shape with standart and move brushes


2. Continue to refine the model. At this stage I don't think about the polygon count and topology, but simply sculpt model the way I like. I added tentacles as separate object. Later they will be merged to the character with retopology.


3. Character after retopology. How to do it you can see, for example, in the following tutorial. Next, I add more small details. I like to add them to the correct topology. Of course, nobody does not forbid you to add details before retopology. All of them can be projected on the new mesh.


4. When I finished with the details or want to refine the model in not symmetrical mode, I set up the pose with transpose tools. How to use them can be found here
That's all. Character is ready for unwrapping and texturing.


5. See you! :)

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий